Sunday 21 April 2013

Developing my line of inquiry

Aim: to identify issues faced by Dance teachers and dancers who do not have QTS status when working within the curriculum structure.


  • Is it possible to be a successful unqualified teacher?
  • What impact could it have on the students/establishment?
  • What are the main issues faced by unqualified teachers?
  • Are there any stigmas involved - from other members of the establishment?
  • How can unqualified teachers make it easier for themselves to survive in a QTS world?
As a currently practising unqualified teacher within a school, there are various issues that I have faced. I hope that my research for this topic will help me to be a more affective and understanding practitioner and help other dancers make the successful transition from freelancer to school teacher with an idea of what they may face. 

I will conduct interviews and surveys with fellow dancers and teachers, research literature to establish  the opinions of society regarding unqualified teachers, create a SIG group for discussion

Reaching out to anyone currently working as an unqualified teacher in school or would like to have their say please get in touch... 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,

    I, for one, will be very, very interested in your inquiry as I am a qualified teacher within the ISTD and RAD but have no PGCE nor QTS.
    I have never considered applying for jobs within a school as I had always imagined it was something that would be closed to me without having the degree or QTS...

    I'd love to join your SIG group, even though I might not be able to add much to the conversation. There is also a dance teachers SIG: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/danceteacherssig
    and Bobbie has set up a great FB SIG group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/499154283474027/
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, it would be great having you on board, and thanks for the links. 😄 👣

      Delete